Frank Barknecht wrote:

>Do you have the lp.o, parport.o, parport_pc.o and parport_probe.o
>(last one is maybe not needed, the others are essential)
>in /lib/modules/2.2.12/misc ?

No, I don't, but I have parport and parport_pc compiled directly into
the kernel.  Here is an excerpt from my .config file:

CONFIG_PARPORT=y
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=y
# CONFIG_PARPORT_OTHER is not set

I can't find the string CONFIG_PARPORT_PROBE anywhere in the .config
file.  Nor can I find CONFIG_LP.

Should I recompile the kernel with these all as modules as opposed to
directly into the kernel?  I'm concerned that I didn't find:

# CONFIG_PARPORT_PROBE is not set    and
# CONFIG_LP is not set

anywhere in .config.  How will I configure them if they are not
options?

Should I just start over and compile a new kernel?  What would be the
best approach to take (ie: what in the kernel and what as modules)?

Thank you,
David Densmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>