> Many of the KDE apps rely on a library called qt1g, which dselect claims
> "To not appear available".   Checking my system, I find a library called
> libqt1g which claims in the package description to "replace and provide"
> qt1g.
> Is there a way to convince dpkg that it should install these programs
> anyway, or would the package(s) have to be modified by the maintainer
> to satisfy these dependancy problems?

I've been wondering the exact same thing. When I install something through
apt-get that needs qt1g or compile a program that needs it, it won't go through
because I have libqt1g. Would it be possible to setup a link somewhere to
take care of this?

--
Bart Szyszka [EMAIL PROTECTED] ICQ:4982727
B Grafyx http://www.bgrafyx.com