> QT v1 is included in the non-free section.  The problem is that KDE is
> supposed to be under the GPL but is violating the GPL by linking to QT
> which is non-free.  So Debian and others decided not to include KDE
> until they either fixed the licensing issues or QT became free.  QT v2
> is under less restrictive license and thus once KDE is built with the
> new QT then it will go in main.  This is all just my rough
> interpetation.

See this I don't understand. If they're not including KDE because it has a
non-free program as a dependency, then what about Licq? In the stable
tree, it depends on qt1g:
http://www.debian.org/Packages/stable/net/licq.html
http://www.debian.org/Packages/stable/libs/qt1g.html

--
Bart Szyszka [EMAIL PROTECTED] ICQ:4982727
B Grafyx http://www.bgrafyx.com