Actually, I found a great HOWTO on integrating GnuPGP with Mutt that helped
me with everything. It's at:

http://www.linux.com/howto/Mutt-GnuPG-PGP-HOWTO.html

I'm curious though: did you set anything for the pubring or secring? THe
howto says to:

set pgp_gpg_pubring=~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
set pgp_gpg_secring=~/.gnupg/secring.gpg

but Mutt says these variables don't exist. I've commented them out and
everything still works OK, as far as I can tell.

Thanks.

On Fri, Dec 24, 1999 at 11:45:15AM -0600, Gregory T. Norris wrote:
> I'm using GnuPG with mutt 1.0.0-2 without any problems.  I can email
> you the relevant entries from ~/.muttrc if you like...
---end quoted text---

--
David J. Kanter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Humans have an innate tendency to attribute significance to anomalies
and coincidences."
  -- John Allen Paulos, mathematics professor at Temple University