On 23/12/99 Shaul Karl wrote:

Can it be that the removed files are not the problem with the failure of the remounting?

[04:17:04 /tmp]# mount -o remount,ro /usr/
mount: /usr is busy
[04:19:08 /tmp]# lsof +L1 |grep /usr/
[04:19:16 /tmp]#

if you are running 4.43 of lsof (the first version to support +L ) then that would appear to not be the problem for you, I am not sure what would be causing it then, other then some braindamaged program opening something in /usr with write permission, this would violate FHS since /usr is supposed to be completly read-only mountable without disturbing anything.

I just tested the +L and +L1 and it worked ok for me, I am running 4.43 of lsof, so its probably not lsof lying to you at least :)

Ethan