On Sat, 25 Dec 1999, aphro wrote:

> are you running the latest BIOS ? 7.9GB is quite common on older boards as
> a limitation (32GB is another barrier)  make sure you got the latest bios
> and the drive should be in LBA mode i believe.
>
> I just installed corel 1.0 on an IBM 18GB ide and it went fine (AOpen
> AP5T-3 i430TX mainboard)
>
> nate
>
> On Sat, 25 Dec 1999, Alan E. Davis wrote:
>
> adavis >Installing potato.  My system is as follows:
> adavis >   Mainboard:  ASUS P5A
> adavis >   CPU:        K6-II 400
> adavis >
> adavis >What is sfdisk?  Is it on the install disks---apparently not?  I have
> attempted to follow the Large Disk HOWTO and jumpered the drive as a 15 Head
> drive, as suggested.  Otherwise it was detected at 500MB.
> adavis >
> adavis >I only see 7.9 GB.  Several different BIOS parameters don't improve
> the situation.
> adavis >
> adavis >Has anyone on this list succeeded at this?
> adavis >
> adavis >Alan Davis
> adavis >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> adavis >
> adavis >
> adavis >--
> adavis >Unsubscribe?  mail -s unsubscribe [EMAIL PROTECTED] < /dev/null
> adavis >

Nate,

        This was a question originated by Wichert Akkerman on linux-kernel
around the beginning of this month. If you look at the archives of the
linux-kernel around at time, you should find a lot of comments regarding
this problem. Here is one of them :

http://boudicca.tux.org/hypermail/linux-kernel/1999week50/0753.html

Regards,
Jor-el

You have all eternity to be cautious in when you're dead.
                -- Lois Platford