On Thu, Dec 30, 1999 at 12:52:25PM +0100, Wojciech Zabolotny wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A few days ago I've send a message about successfull packaging of mutt 1.0.1
> for slink. Unfortunately things are more difficult :-(.
> The new version of mutt works without problems on my office PC, which is
> continously connected to the Internet and is systematically upgraded (so now
> it is probably running debian 2.1r4 or so).
> My home computer runs the debian2.1r0 (first stable), and mutt 1.0.1 causes
> the memory protection error. Probably I should upgrade to slink r4, but
> making it by modem is really painfull. Which package should I upgrade?
> ldd shows that mutt uses only:
> ldd /usr/bin/mutt
>         libncurses.so.4 => /lib/libncurses.so.4 (0x40010000)
>         libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40050000)
>         /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)
> These libraries are the same on both mentioned computers...

Maybe try to build this package on your home computer? I'ts only one
apt-get command ;-)

> BTW is there any easy way to burn on CD only the modified packages, needed
> to r0 -> r4 upgrade?

Yes - take new packages, put them in directory structure similar to this
on official CD, use mkhybrid to generate ISO9660 image and use cdrecord to
burn CD. But IMHO just wait for potato - it's promised to end of Feb'2000.

--
|Leszek Gerwatowski|    _/_|_\
"Don't fix it if it isn't broken"