On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 05:23:58PM -0500, Brian Servis wrote:
> *- On 23 Dec, Harlan Crystal wrote about "Quake1 included now that GPLed?"
> > Hello.
> >

> > Quake1 was recently GPLed.
> >
> > Does that make it a candidate to become a debian package
> > for the games section?  It would be a great addition to the
> > "games" section.
> >

> First, it will have to be in the contrib section because you still need
> the non-free .pak files to actually play the game.  Just the engine of
> the game was released.
>
> Second, Quake, Doom, and other games are illegal in several countries
> like Brazil and Germany.  So if Debian includes them on any CD then
> those CD's can not be sold at all in those countries.
>
> Third, there are Debian developers working on it, be patient.
>

> Brian Servis

Why are those games illegal in those countries?

--
"I already have all the latest software."
     -- Laura Winslow, "Family Matters"

Dwayne C. Litzenberger - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Advertising Policy: http://www.redrival.com/dlitz/spamoff.html
GnuPG Public Key:   http://www.redrival.com/dlitz/gpgkey.asc
     Fingerprint:   0535 F7CF FF5F 8547 E5A5 695E 4456 FB6C BC39 A4B0