On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 05:50:23PM -0700, Cameron Matheson wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've noticed that installing Emacs is a big portion of installing Debian 2.1
> Slink (if you choose the dialup profile).  I was wondering if I needed
> emacs.  I don't use it, because I'm satisfied with vi, but I wasn't sure if
> any applications required me to have emacs installed.

You can safely remove it.  Some applications may want it, but you'll
find out which ones when you try to remove it.  If you're not using
emacs, then you can probably remove most programs that have a dependency
on it.
| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |