I'm running an FTP server on a 20K/sec PPPoE connection, and I'm experiencing
this problem: when someone with a high bandwidth is downloading from my server,
my network response time suddenly becomes very, very slow.

I was told that using a traffic shaper would help, but the kernel traffic
shaper seems to limit *everything*. Is there a way to only shape traffic on FTP
and nothing else?

I'm using wu-ftpd (2.6.0-3) and I've tried setting the "throughput" directive,
but it seems to help only a little. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!!

()()
"Don't modify spaghetti code unless you can eat the consequences."
`--'