On 01/22/00, Don Cavaiani addressed "Very frustrating":
> Does anyone have a "document" or paragraph that they can cut and paste
> and mail to me so that I will know what happens when Debian Linux starts
> up ??

Look in /usr/share/doc/sysvinit/

> For example, I have NO IDEA where to go to set the DEFAULT window
> manager to ICEWM (which I have found to my liking).

Just edit /etc/X11/window-managers so that the path to the icewm binary
is first in the list.  This might be different if you're using a
display manager, but I doubt it.

See /usr/share/doc/xfree86-common/README.Debian
Also see window-managers(5) [the manpage].

> Finally, is it possible to put a new icon on the window desktop so that
> I can start a favorite program with just a click?

I'd suggest you use gnome.  Use icewm-gnome as your window manager and run
one or more gnome panels.  You can configure individual buttons to your
liking.  Same effect as what you mention, plus it has the ability to
stay out of your way when you don't want it.

To install:
# apt-get install gnome-core
Then look in /usr/share/doc/gnome-core.

--
Jesse Jacobsen, Pastor          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Grace Lutheran Church (ELS)     http://www.jvlnet.com/~jjacobsen/