On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 03:52:53PM -0500, Andy Estes wrote:
> I am running Debian Woody (3.0r1).  The default shell for my user account is
> bash, and I can verify this by typing 'ps' once I am logged on.  However,
> the contents of my .bashrc do not get executed by default.

Uncomment the three lines in the default ~/.bash_profile that source
~/.bashrc; you'll see them. The reason this doesn't happen automatically
is that some people like to keep login and non-login shells with
separate startup files, while some people prefer them to be the same.
See the INVOCATION section of 'man bash' for more.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                  [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]