> I am running Potato on an P3.. and have a DHCP server with some
> Windows 95 clients. However, when those Windows 95 boot up they cannot
> get an IP from the DHCP server. (according to the logs the DHCP server
> have already offered the IPs.) When I run "winipcfg" and manually
> refresh the DHCP settings it works most of the times. Sometimes the
> interface refuses to update the IP. There was once a Windows NT DHCP
> server running with no problems (and was replaced by the Debian
> server). Is it possible that I have misconfigured something?

It's likely that you've misconfigured something, however we need to know
more about how your network is set up: the locations of routers & hubs &
so on.

Are you using ISC's DHCP server software?  If you are, it might help to
see a configuration that's been working for me for quite some time:
http://tux.creighton.edu/~pbrutsch/dhcpd.conf.

> Clients uses Intel EEpro* cards, and the server uses a D-Link card
> with the chip from Davicom (using via-rhine modules)

The ethernet cards shouldn't make a difference.

Phil Brutsche                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein