kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 10:03:13AM -0600, ktb wrote:

> > > You did use something to resize that win98 partition with besides
> > > cfdisk, right?
> >
> > No I didn't.
>
> Ouch.
>
> Did you have anything on the disk initially, or not?  The way I read
> your post (portions deleted), you didn't.

I had stuff on the disk but I meant to wipe it clean.  What my problem
seems to be coming down to is my computer will no longer auto detect my
HD's.  I had one HD (primary) with Windows 98 and (secondary) with
Slink.  Now neither of my HD's are detected.  I went into the bios
settings and selected "drive auto detect" and it shows nothing is
there.  I manually set them to "auto" and still nothing is seen.  I just
don't understand how creating a new partition valid in the eyes of
windows or not prevents my bios from detecting that there are HD's
there?
Thanks,
kent