On 2000-03-01 19:40:42, Dale Morris wrote:

> I've been trying to install debian 2.1. When I configure network modules
> and try to add the module 3c59x I get a fail message, ...init module,
> device or resource busy..

What do you mean by "configure network modules"?  Perhaps, your module
was already loaded when you tried to insmod/modprobe it?  lsmod will
tell you what modules are currently loaded.

> I'm using a cable modem to connect to my local Cox ISP. I have been able
> to install this module in both Mandrake and Redhat on my HP Vectra
> box. Currently I'm running redhat. lsmod lists the 3c59x module installed
> on redhat. Is there a command line parameter I need to add? I'm pretty new
> to all this and I appreciate any help.

$ grep 3c59 /etc/modules.conf
alias eth0 3c59x

If you have a directory called /etc/modutils, then you want to add
this to one of files there (e.g. aliases).  Then run update-modules.

/Allan
--
Allan M. Wind                   Finger: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (GPG/PGP)
P.O. Box 2022                   Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]