[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Antonio Rodriguez) wrote:
>Is there any way of knowing which packages from the frozen portion are
>already bug-free and completely ready to be included in the next release
>2.2?

You can't be sure, but you can probably get a fairly good idea from
looking for the packages that aren't on the release-critical bugs list
posted regularly to debian-devel-announce (see the mailing list archives
at www.debian.org). We're now at the stage in the freeze where packages
are only allowed to change for potato if they have release-critical bugs
that need fixing, though core packages like libc6 and dpkg and debconf
and the like may well be exceptions to this. I'd say, then, that if you
made a list of all packages with priority Standard or lower and excluded
those with RC bugs you'd get quite an accurate list.

>The reason is that I plan to prepare my own CDs next time, so I
>thought could be a good idea to start collecting packages so that when I
>run the rsync it can get most from my hard disk storage. I wonder how
>usable will the slink Cds be for that purpose.

I'm not sure I understand this last bit ...

--
Colin Watson                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]