On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 03:06:04PM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:

> in that case it should work, does id or groups show that you are a
> member of the cdrom group?  is your cdrom REALLY /dev/hdc?  (secondary master)

groups does not show me as a member of cdrom. I did the following;
janet:~# useradd rosef cdrom

Which is what cdtools tells you to do when you attempt to access a
restriced drive. I am also listed in gshadow and gshadow- the same as
group and group- respectively. Further, groups lists me as a member of
dip. There is no apparent difference between the way I am listed for
dip and the way I am listed for cdrom in the group files.

And, yes, my cdrom is hdc. I have 2 ide drives on the first ide channel
and cdrom and ide tape on the second. I remember seeing this as the
recomended configuration when I installed my tape drive.

--
Frisco Rose             "By any other name, I would smell the same"
E.O.U. Student          [EMAIL PROTECTED] (541) 962-2987

Science Journal Ed.     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
EOU Hoke Center 307     (541) 962-3787
La Grande, OR. 97850