Hi!

I am trying to get lm-sensors up and running on a system with Asus P5A
mainboard, Debian potato and kernel 2.2.14. I am already using
kernel-package and thus, I didn't need to recompile my kernel.

I installed lm-sensors, libsensors0 and lm-sensors-source. I changed
to my kernel top level directory and invoked "fakeroot make-kpkg
modules_image". This built a .deb containing the modules that I
installed.

I then ran sensors-detect which found the i2c bus and seemed to have
finished ok.

But, when I invoke sensors itself, it tells me that it couldn't access
/proc file, and I don't have /proc/sensors. Also, the /dev/i2c nodes
the docs mention seem to be missing.

What am I doing wrong?

Greetings
Marc