Roso Giuseppe (Beppe) writes:
 > One of my friends have a Wisecom intenal (PCI) Modem.
 > Someone can explain me which module I must include in kernel to use this
 > modem?
 > >From last compilation I found out in
 >   /proc/pci
 > a line like
 >   communication card
 > but vendor and chip data are unknown.

I found that the main problem was getting the PCI modem to be properly
assigned to a serial device. Do the following:

1. make sure you have pciutils installed.

2. run lspci -v and look for a reference to the "serial controller"
device. Note its IRQ and i/o port address, say, for example:

"00:13.0 Serial controller: US Robotics: Unknown device 1008 (rev 01) (prog-if
02)
        Subsystem: Unknown device 12b9:00ad
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 19
        I/O ports at efe0"

3. open /etc/rc.boot/0setserial, scrool down to MANUAL CONFIGURATION,
look at the lines for COM1 to COM4, and uncomment the line for, say,
ttyS2 and edit it to read, say, for example:

 "${SETSERIAL} -b  /dev/ttyS2 uart 16550A port 0xefe0 irq 19
${STD_FLAGS}"

4. reboot.