This may be the wrong group for the following, but I went to the website
www.linuxsecurity.com and there stating that it is impossible to make
GNU/Linux -> Debian/Linux total secure because the root user has the
ability to change the /bin/login file, that modules have to much access
to the kernal, and that certain processes aren't monitored. They have
a LIDS patch that is suppose to clean the above items up.  My question
is, is it true about the above risks? I am using potato ver. 2.2.9 with
the 2.2.14PCI kernal.  Also, has anyone used LIDS? Does it block your
ability to change broken modules, etc...

Dan

To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com