hi

i have three question that you may be able to help me out.

1) I'm running gnome-terminal as my xterm.  The title on the window simply says
'Terminal'.  Is possible to have the window title dynamically change to the
current working directory.  Kinda like the way emacs changes the window title
to the name of the current file.

2) (C/C++) I need to put ints, floats, and doubles in to char* arrays (weird
huh).  Essentially what I would like the is to have the byte information stored
in a float (4bytes) and a char[4] (total 4bytes) to be identical.  What's the
proper way to do this?

3) In zsh the is a command 'vared' that allow environment variables to be
edited on th fly.  Is there a comparable command on bash?