On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 12:21:12PM +0200, Preben Randhol wrote:
> Preben Randhol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 06/06/2000 (12:15) :
> > But my question is. Is there an easy way (in dselect) to tell the
> > program that I want to install from a series of cdroms and not from the
> > net. I don't have any net at all on my machine so I will have to install
> > programs from CDs.
>
> I see from a tutorial I just found that there should have been a
> multi_cd menu choice, but there wasn't (I'm quite sure it was only
> floppy, nfs and apt).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but apt whould be able to handle multi-cd
sets.

> But I had to use the unofficial potato from ftp.fsn.hu as every time
> I tried to download the official test-cycle-1 CDs with rsync on an
> NT machine, it said that the file was corrupted right after I had
> gotten the whole image downloaded. :-(
>
> --
> Preben Randhol -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- <http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/>
>          "Det eneste trygge stedet i verden er inne i en fortelling."
>                                                       -- Athol Fugard

In your original message, you note that the install was easier than
you thought.  This was true for me also.  Debian installation system
gets horrible press for some reason.  IMHO, it is the best and most
flexible one I've seen. (I've done RedHat 5.2, Caldera 1.3(?), Suse
6.x(?), and Debian slink)

--
Pat Mahoney  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hobbes:  Do you have an idea for your story yet?
Calvin:  No, I'm waiting for inspiration.  You can't just turn on
         creativity like a faucet.  You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes:  What mood is that?
Calvin:  Last-minute panic.
                -- From "Calvin and Hobbes" by Bill Watterson