I'm not sure if this is the right list, but I'm gonna try here (I'm also
subscribed to several other of the Debian lists, including debian-boot,
so if this question belongs there, please excuse my faux pas).

Currently I'm running RedHat 7.2 on my main machine. I want to install
Debian on a secondary machine (to possibly become a fulltime webserver).
Using the commdand:

dd if=rescue.bin of=/dev/fd0 bs=1024 conv=sync ; sync

Gives me a disk that I can boot the other machine with. At the boot
prompt, I hit enter and the boot sequence fails (I'm going to have to do
a network install as I don't have a CD-ROM for either machine). I retry,
using the same disk, and it prints "Loading....." at the top of the
screen, then it just starts pringtin a letter and some numbers (e.g. A
3498), it does so with one combination per line for about 30 lines, then
restarts the machine. I have tried Debian before (on this machine, but
had problems with getting the Xwindows server up and running) and had no
problems with doing the install as I was able to make everything from
the ISO images to the install floppy here, but the other machine doesn't
even have a working OS on it atm (if any param's such as cpu, RAM, and
what not are needed, I'll gladly provide).

TIA for any and all help.
--
ICQ: 18115568 AIM: pres CTHULHU
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]