Sven Burgener wrote:

> >I had no problems ditching exim and installing postfix a few months
> ago.
>
> What advantages / plus-points does postfix have over exim?
> I have only been using exim for a week now. Ran sendmail before, but as
> I wasn't able to configure it to my (simple) needs, I switched to exim.

postfix was designed from the beginning with security in mind.  And it's
easier to configure than sendmail or qmail.  And unlike qmail (which to
be fair, was also designed with security as the main design goal) you
can distribute precompiled binaries.

Postfix is also supposed to be less of a system load than sendmail, but
my mail server only sends out a couple of thousand messages a day, so
sendmail wasn't much load either.

jpb
--
Joe Block <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CREOL System Administrator

Social graces are the packet headers of everyday life.