Hi,
your find is taking long time because find is recursive.
Add -prune to the list of its arguments and you will probably get what you want
:-)
HTH

Andrew Kae wrote:

> Hello again
>
> A co-worker just helped me out and I think i found a quicker solution.  I
> noticed "find" can take some time.
>
> It's just:
> ls -all | grep "^d" | awk '{print $8}'
>
> Thanks again

Thierry Michalowski                                     /
Edipresse Publications S.A                 \\\' ,      / //
Informatique de Production                  \\\//    _/ //'
33,av. de la gare                            \_-//' /  //'
1001 LAUSANNE SUISSE                           \ ///  //'
phone: +41 21 349 46 26                        /  >>   \\\`
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       /,)-^>>  _\`
"Unix is user-friendly...                           //  //\\\
It is just selective about who its friends are"    ((`
This message has been checked with GRIMEsweeper which has detected a virus
embedded in this plain text message. You should now delete your entire hard
drive and rinse your eyes with soapy water to ensure it doesn't spread.