I'd really appreciate some help: can't get X (graphics) to work on the
above machine.
Struggled through and finally got a largish set of packages installed
but can't get my graphics to work.  I guess it's because it doesn't
recognize my chipset.  Here are data the manual (O'Reilly) asks for on
pp. 3-4:
Hard drive: 6007MB; Toshiba MK6014MAP; IDE; Set for LBA Mode? (Large
disk
Access Mode= DOS... guess answer is NO.)
ATAPI CD-ROM; IDE Nec CD-Rom DRive: 282 CDROM; Firmware Rev. 5.12
Mouse: Snynaptics PS/2 TouchPad with IBM Model 001 M-L plugged into
keyboard/
mouse port; 2 buttons
Video Adapter (= Graphics Controller?): Trident CyberBlade i7 with 4MB
video RAM
I don't mind further reading of docs. if you can point to help (I've
been reading for about four wees now);  Problem seems associated with
configuring XFree... but I don't know how/whether the chipset is
recognized/workable.
Thanks a million for any help.