I just installed 'Woody' and am having odd problems with a couple of
modules. The 'lp' module claims that options passed to it in 'modules.conf'
are bad, yet they are exactly the same options I previously used with
'Slink':

        options lp io=0x378 irq=7

Also, my SoundBlaster 16 which previously worked using these settings:

        options adlib_card io=0x388'
        options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x330

but now fails to work. The drivers are loaded, then ('dmesg' reveals), the
dsp fails to reset and apparently everything is then unloaded ('cat <
/dev/sndstat' shows nothing loaded). 'modprobe sb' fails with message that
"device is busy" and module parameters may be wrong.

I used the same options in configuring the kernel for recompilation that I
used before (I'd taken notes) and as far as I can find out in the HOWTO's, I
did everything right. So does anybody have any idea what's going on here?
Help!

Thanks,
Larry