> I run Debian potato Linux (upgrading it weekly) within a network that
> others have setup for Microsoft Windows 95/98. This network has (over
> the same ethernet cables) computers and printers covering 4 C-class
> networks as follows [first 2 digits altered],
>    10.129.206.0
>    10.129.207.0
>    10.129.208.0
>    10.129.209.0
> My computer has the IP address,
>    10.129.208.230
> HOW DO I GET MY LINUX COMPUTER TO WORK WELL IN A NETWORK OF 4 C-CLASSES?

[...]

In short, run these four commands as root on your Linux box:

route add -net 10.129.206.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 dev eth0
route add -net 10.129.207.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 dev eth0
route add -net 10.129.208.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 dev eth0
route add -net 10.129.209.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 dev eth0

This alters your routing table to tell the kernel that those four IP
networks are on the same physical network card.  Keep in mind, though that
the Win9x machines need the same done to them if they are to see your
system.

Do these four networks all use at the same router to get access to the
outside world?  It would make things a lot easier if you can get your
sysadmin to make these changes to the router's routing tables to get this
to work.

Phil Brutsche                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstien