Jay Kelly wrote:

> Hello all,
> Im trying to get the soundcard to install. Im using kernel 2.2.16
> and am installing a SoundBlaster 16. I have enabled the options in
> the kernel and selested them as modules. I cat /proc/interrupts and it shows
> the sound card on irq 7. Then I want to the isapnp.conf and remove the
> # from in front of irq 7. Then I ran isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf and it
> came back with no errors. I then tried to reboot and then I see:
> soundBlaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
> SB 4.13 detected OK (220)
> -- sb: Interrupt test on IRQ7 failed - Probable IRQ conflict.
>
> So then I ran the cat /proc/interrupts and I didnt see any conflicts.
> What am I missing here. I tried the mail archives and HOWTO but
> was unable to find anything really usefull.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks

Your sb module is not configured yet.

Create a file to /etc/modutils/, for example 'sound' and write there
configuration for sb module, something like this:

options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x330

The run update-modules and reboot. I hope it works.

My card is SoundBlaster AWE32, but when I commented out the line above,
ran update-modules and rebooted, I got exactly same error message as you
did.

 WYSINWYG - What You See Is Never What You Get

 Esko Lehtonen
 esko dot lehtonen (a) pp dot htv dot fi