To the List;

My name is Kris Murray. I am interested in downloading this Linux OS. However, I have some questions and concerns.

1. To download it, do I have to ftp the entire OS from the ftp site to my hard drive? Or can I just download an installation program that will take care of downloading each individual file? If I need to ftp the files, which ones?

2. After I download it, what do I do? I read on the website that I can boot from floppies or my CD-Rom. But I don't think that is for downloading. What exactly am I supposed to do to initialize and start up the OS?

3. I also read on the website that installing Linux might wipe out some of my other files. How frequent is this? Is this something that I should be concerned about? And if so, what is the scope of the files that it will wipe out? I have a whole partitioned drive dedicated to Linux. Will other drives be affected?

I would appreciate it if someone could help me out and answer my questions.

--- Kris Murray