On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 04:36:48PM -0500, Daniel Barclay wrote:

> Johan Kullstam wrote:
> >
> > I have swap-caps-ctrl in X, why shouldn't I want it in console too?
>
> But alas, so many computer users are going through life not knowing
> the convenience of having the control key in its easily reachable
> original location.

hmm

You're right, I just switched these keys, and it seems to be very
convenient :) It'll just take some time to get used to it. --- Well,
Caps_Lock is the most seldomly used key ... On my keyboard, it needs
even considerably more force to press that key down as it does with
others :)

But another question: I'm using a tailored keyboard layout anyway,
since the standard German layout is somewhat hindering. I have that
layout automatically loaded from my ~/.Xmodmap.

Is there a tool that can load that same ~/.Xmodmap on the console or
convert the file for use with loadkeys, so that I have the same
keyboard layout on X11 and on the console? It's not so nice always
having to edit two files to keep the keyboard layouts the same.

GH