Mark Simos wrote:

> I did the floppies thing, and switching out floppies, even vmware point
> and click floppy change, sucks.
>
> now my install disk is hosed (didn't shutdown often enough) and I am
> more interested in the learning experience of installing debian in a
> different way than to save the current install.
>
> I would like to know of an alternate way to download and install debian
> in an alternate way. I am thinking of booting off floppy and downloading
> base_2.2.tgz. would that work? is there a way to get a CD image to mount
> in vmware or otherwise?

i suggest burning or buying a debian cd to install from. i do not think
vmware can mount an iso9660 image as a vmware virtual disk. of course
once you have linux installed u can have linux mount the image ..

having the real cd saves (me at least) a lot of pain and trouble that i
sometimes encounter doing net installs.

nate

--
:::