John Griffiths said:
> But won't you need to do a dist-upgrade when the as-yet-unamed next unstable
> comes out? so isn't it better to keep going on the dist name? and keep track
> of developments?

Nope.  On the day that potato froze, 'unstable' and 'frozen' were identical
(as far as I noticed, anyhow) and they diverged from there.

Personally, I never use dist-upgrade.  The difference between upgrade and
dist-upgrade appears to be primarily in their handling of removed/replaced
packages.  e.g., I did an apt-get upgrade on a box that's still running
Navigator 4.73 yesterday and the navigator package was held back, while a
dist-upgrade would have removed navigator-473 and replaced it with
navigator-475.  My preference is to handle those situations myself (apt-get
install navigator) instead of keeping it fully automated.  If your preference
differs, you should be safe to always use dist-upgrade.

> WARNING -
> This email is confidential and may contain copyright material.
> Republication or re-dissemination, including posting to news groups or web
> pages, is strictly prohibited without the express prior consent of Capital
> Monitor Pty Ltd.

Uh-oh...  Looks like someone at Debian is in trouble...

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+