Hi Sven,

Quoth Sven Burgener,
> The subject says it all. I found MI/X, but that seems not to be free
> anymore.  Isn't there anything that's good *and* free?
>
> Anyone share some experiences?

I have had a bit of a play around with a java applet called WeirdX. It
has all the usual java problems (ie., it's a bit slow, etc.), but it
seems to work alright on windoze. It doesn't actually come with a window
manager, so to use it you have to export the display and launch your x
clients from your other machine (it's confusing at first, as you just
get a blank applet window).

It's not recommended by the author for heavy use (ie., you don't want to
run E in it), but it's free (speech and beer), and runs on windows.

I don't have a URL for it, but it's certainly listed on freshmeat.

I haven't spent more than a few minutes playing with it, but you might
like to try it out anyway.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,