Hi,

I'm a novice to Linux and Unix in general. I've installed Debian on my system - a 133MHz Pentium with 32MB RAM and 2 Hard Disks with the Linux Swap partition being 8 MB and the core Linux Partition being 484MB.I dont have an idea as to the Debian version however at boot up the Linux version comes as 1.3.18. When I installed Linux it booted correctly and it doesn't have any Windowing system on it. It has very minimilistic software on it. I have Windows 95 and NT also on machine and therefore boot Linux through Loadlin. It used to boot correctly earlier and then for a prolonged period of time I hadn't booted into Linux, however when I tried to boot into it now it reaches the point where it says Loading Mouse Server: gpm, it then lets me type out anything without any effect i.e. no action on any coomand or any other sign of recognition of command, when I press Ctrl-Alt-Del it shuts down as it would normally and reboots.  I'd appreciate some help in solving this please.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
Bye