This shouldn't be too tough. I'd look at radius for authorizing and accounting.
It's
built for this kind of stuff. As for automatically logging people out this
should be
too tough. Just fire off a program when the xdm/gdm session starts. This little
helper
program could wait for a message from the box where your radius server runs.
When the
time is running out it can send a little message to the helper giving it a
5-minute
warning. The helper would fire up a little message box (I believe gnome has a
mini-app
that'll do this--just display a text message) warning the user their time is
running
out. When the time actually runs out you can just kill the X server--or perhaps
do
something a little more graceful.