On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Kent West wrote:

> Bob Edwards wrote:
> >
> > Good morning!
> >
> > I ordered a three CD set of debian cds and am preparing to install
> > debian. I have some specific questions:
> >
> > (1) how do i configure debian for dsl ?

there's really not much to it.

1. make sure your network card is configured properly.
2. make sure /etc/resolv.conf is what it needs to be.
3. make sure you have a static route to the gateway ip.
4. make sure you define a default gw to the gateway ip (and ONLY 1 default
      gw).
5. that's pretty much it.  the rest is icing on the cake.

oh, this is assuming ethernet.  some companies are starting to use ppp over
ethernet (pppoe) and dhcp.  i'm not sure what to do in those 2 cases, but i
know people use them with linux.

the rest were answered pretty well, so i'll end it here.

pete