Bill Moseley wrote:

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Thorsten Haude wrote:

Hi,

* Timothy Ball <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-02-05 18:27]:

Have a read at what a horrible nightmare cut&paste is under X.
http://www.jwz.org/doc/x-cut-and-paste.html

I can't find any thing horrible in this text.

I actually like two buffers. Not that it always works.

Although what I don't like is
- double-click a URL in some text in xterm
- move to mozilla
- click in the Location box
- move hand keyboard to type ^U to clear
- move hand back
- middle click to paste

I'm sure someone will point out an easier way.

At least in Opera I can right click and select "Clear" to keep from moving
my hand too and from the keyboard.

It's kind of ugly, but what I do is click at the very front of the URL I'm replacing, then middle click to paste, then move hand to keyboard and Shift-End, Delete, Enter, move hand back to mouse if needed. Your method seems better if you're going back to the mouse anyway; mine seems better if you plan to stay at the keyboard. But you're right, a better method would be nice.

Kent