Andreas Rabus wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> sitting in my box, checking my logs...
> and trying to log from Host A to Host B with tcp i always get some strange
> "error" Messages when starting my syslog-ng with option "-d":
>
> "Error Creating AF_INET socket (Operation now in progress)"
>
> The log are setup up as in the demo configuratuion in the  doc dir.
> src on host B allows tcp from host A, host A has destinations woth tcp.
>
> Host A ist a woody, Host B a potato.
>
> Is this a bug or am i that stupid?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
>         ar
>
> --
>
> [ampersand online agentur]
> [andreas rabus]
> [programmierung]
>
> theresienstraße 29 / IV
> 80333 münchen
> tel 0 89 - 28 67 72 - 27
> fax 0 89 - 28 67 72 - 21
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.ampersand.de
>
> --

Find this in your /etc/init.d/sysklogd and make it similar on your receiving
machine.

# Options for start/restart the daemons~
#   For remote UDP logging use SYSLOGD="-r"~
#~
SYSLOGD="-r"~

BTW, this is from a potato box.
--

Mike Fedyk                   "They that can give up essential liberty
Information Systems           to obtain a little temporary safety