On Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:19:20 Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Make sure that apache turns on module support for php when it runs
> apacheconfig: it never does do this correctly for me, and I _always_
> have to fix it by hand.  Make sure that your apache configuration is
> set up to process PHP files with the extension that you're actually
> using.  (I always use .php3, and that appears to work out-of-the-box
> when I've tried this.)

/etc/apache/httpd.conf contains these:

LoadModule php3_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp3.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3

I had to uncomment the first one, and my script is now called
/home/steve/hello.php3

> Go into /etc/php3/apache/php3.ini and look to make sure that your
> (mysql) module is loaded properly (it is never configured to load for
> me by default); alternatively, manually call the module for insertion
> from inside your PHP scripts.  This is slower if you're using the
> database on every page.

Would you mail me your php3.ini, please?

> That's all I've ever done.  Good luck.

Still doesn't work - netscape still wants to download the file :-(