[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Quoting cls--colo spgs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > > The icon is greyed out and the button dosent push. The tools -> check
> > spelling
> > > thing also dosent work. I do not get any error messages though, more
> > like the
> > > spell checker it just there
> > >
> > > --
> > < /dev/null
> >
> > you did a full install, right?  (you may need to re-install.)  i forgot
> > to write that
> > i'm using version 4.75, if that matters.  i think netscape allows one to
> > do a full
> > install or choose features not to install.  (i'm thinking not everything
> > got
> > installed.)
> >
> > hth,
> >
> > bentley taylor
> >  (potato on 2.2.17)
> >
> > //
> >

> I installed from the .deb I still have 4.73 (for somereason its flaged not to
> upgrade, thats my next project.) I dont remember having to do anything like
> choosing options. I just did apt-get install netscape. Then it selected some
> aditional packages as i recall. Any ideas? Should i give reinstaling a shot (I
> have done that before but i am willing to try it agian).

//

oh, i used the tarball--no flames, plz--from http://home.netscape.com.  well, a
re-install probably isn't the answer.  maybe spell checking isn't part of the
.deb package?  (anyone else feel like chimming in?)

sorry i don't know more.  (if you feel like doing the tarball install and need
help, let me know, ok?)

good luck.

bentley taylor
 (potato on 2.2.17)