Hello,
I've recently set up a local mirror using apt-move to use in upgrading
machines on the LAN.

It seems to be working reasonably well, except that when performing an
"apt-move update" a number of .debs are skipped, and not moved to the
local mirror (/mirrors/debian).  Other .debs, however, are moved to
the local mirror properly.

According to apt-move's manpage, a file called /mirrors/debian/.exclude
will cause .debs matching specified patterns to be skipped, but I have
no such file on my system.  Additionally, "apt-move -v exclude" returns
no filenames to be skipped.

Since some of the skipped .debs are rather large in size, it is very
inconvenient that they are not moved to the local mirror, defeating
the point of having a local mirror in the first place.

Am I missing an important step, or is there some other reason that some
.debs are skipped, while others are moved into the local mirror?

TIA

P.S. Please reply to me directly.  Thank you.

--
David Karlin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]