Okay, I am not able to compile a few things I want back after a new install.
They all crap out at glibconfig.h (which is provided by libglib1.2-dev, which
I do have installed).  The file is located in
/usr/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h.  But I get errors like...

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -Wall -g -O2 -Wall -g -O2
-Wp,-MD,.deps/alarm.pp -c  -fPIC -DPIC alarm.c -o alarm.lo
In file included from /usr/include/xmms/plugin.h:27,
                 from alarm.c:41:
/usr/include/glib.h:66: glibconfig.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [alarm.lo] Error 1

What am I missing?  Okay, so glib.h includes glibconfig.h at line 66.  So why
can't it find it?  If I try to cheat and symlink glibconfig.h into
/usr/include I get an error about how only absolute run-paths are allowed (I
know this isn't a real solution I was just curious as to how far it would
get).  Any pointers/hints would be greatly appreciated :-).

jt
Debian GNU/Linux [Woody]
2.4.0-test9-ReiserFS
You mean there's a stable tree?