On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 05:08:23PM +0200, Jaume Teixi wrote:
> It's right if I download potato versions (the ones I want) of libc6,
> lbnss-db, libc6-dev, locales
> then apt-get remove --purge of unstable versions (the ones I don't want)

Don't do this step unless you have a statically linked version of dpkg
(which you probably don't).  Without libc6, dpkg won't run.

> dpkg -i each_potato_pkg.deb

Just do this, dpkg will downgrade for you.  (i.e. "--force-downgrade" is
implicit).

Hope this helps,
Chris

--
IF I HAD A MINE SHAFT, I don't think I would just abandon it.  There's
got to be a better way.