Hi all-

I recently did the glibc and glibc-dev upgrade to get a new sendmail on the
system.  This seemed to break a few things when I go to compile programs.  I
downloaded the source for balsa and it complains in the configure script
that it cannot find glib but if I look glib is at /usr/lib.  I decided to
try gkrellm (I know there is a well-maintained deb package...) and I get
this round of errors:

/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so: undefined reference to `getpwnam_r@@GLIBC_2.0'
/usr/lib/libgdk.so: undefined reference to `shmctl@@GLIBC_2.0'
/usr/lib/libglib.so: undefined reference to `getpwuid_r@@GLIBC_2.0'
/usr/lib/libgtk.so: undefined reference to `localeconv@@GLIBC_2.0'

The error when compiling balsa says:

checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved GLIB since it was installed. In the latter case,
you
*** may want to edit the glib-config script: /usr/bin/glib-config
configure: error: You need GLib installed -- GNOME requires this as well.

I have helixcode gnome installed.  When I do a whereis glib, I get:

glib: /usr/lib/glib /usr/include/glib.h

Anybody shed any enlightenment on this?
--
Michael Perry