On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, ktb wrote:
> I'm a little farther along with my mail trials.  Out going works
> fine but I can't receive with fetchmail.  I'm using exim, fetchmail
> and pine on Potato.

I use sendmail, so i don't understand the implications of your
configuration, BUT:

I can't see where you give info to the progs that [EMAIL PROTECTED] is [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
With sendmail i have an Alias '[EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]' AND
fetchmail gets
> poll smtp.peoplepc.com with proto POP3
>        user [EMAIL PROTECTED] there with password xxxx is
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]     # NOT: [EMAIL PROTECTED] here

Your fetchmail log looks good. Try running fetchmail in the foreground
with debugging output. The man-page is admittedly somewhat hard to
read, but ...

martin