On Monday 10 February 2003 10:28, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Daniel Barclay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003.02.10.0354 +0100]:
> > > Nobody said to drop features. You are adding. We are not even going to
> > > start to compare Netscape to mutt!
> >
> > Geez.  Pay attention.
> >
> > You suggested that I use mutt.
> >
> > How would that _not_ drop whatever features my current (non-mutt) MUA
> > has?
> >
> > (In general, the suggestion "use modern mailer" isn't all that helpful
> > when the members of that set aren't full replacements for currently
> > used software.)
>
> I am tired of this thread!
>
> Think for yourself and don't reply: what feature does netscape have
> that mutt doesn't? and if it's the GUI, then look at evolution,
> sylpheed, or mulberry!

You've obviously never had to abandon a program you used for a very long time
and that you've taken a strong liking to for whatever reasons, or your
mentality is quite different from mine. I quite often find even simple
upgrades from one major version to the other annoying because things I got
used to have changed and I have to adapt to them.
Note that I do not think that "my mailer doesn't support it so I do not have
to go to the trouble of changing the recipients by hand" is a good argument
and Daniel obviously realized that, but just saying "hey, it's old anyway so
just switch to something newer" seems at least slightly out of touch with
reality to me...

Cheers,
Yven

--