On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Timmy Douglas wrote:

> try running fetchmail with verbose options and see if the output tells
> you any more... i would have suspected the firewall but it seems that
> you have already connected so i don't know how that would be the
> problem.

The firewall was up already for one month, but they might have changed
something. But I rather don't believe in this reason, either.

Martin

PS: And here is the verbose output from fetchmail:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> /usr/bin/fetchmail -p POP3 -va -t 60 -u fluch
rock.helsinki.fi
Enter password for [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
fetchmail: 5.5.3 querying rock.helsinki.fi (protocol POP3) at Mon Dec 11
01:11:26 2000
fetchmail: POP3< +OK POP3 rock.helsinki.fi v4.47 server ready
fetchmail: POP3> USER fluch
fetchmail: POP3< +OK User name accepted, password please
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Mailbox open, 3 messages
fetchmail: POP3> STAT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 3 21819
3 messages for fluch at rock.helsinki.fi (21819 octets).
fetchmail: POP3> LIST
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Mailbox scan listing follows
fetchmail: POP3< 1 16420
fetchmail: POP3< 2 1401
fetchmail: POP3< 3 3998
fetchmail: POP3< .
fetchmail: POP3> RETR 1
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 16420 octets
reading message 1 of 3 (16420 octets)
fetchmail: timeout after 60 seconds waiting for listener to respond.
fetchmail: client/server synchronization error while fetching from
rock.helsinki.fi
fetchmail: Query status=7 (ERROR)
fetchmail: SMTP> QUIT
fetchmail: normal termination, status 7
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~>

--
This is Linux Country.
In a quiet night,

For public GnuPG-key: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]