On Mon, 11 Dec 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

> On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 03:33:58PM -0500, Dwight Johnson wrote:
> > When she tries to read her mail using Eudora, she gets a message that
> > her connection has been refused. When she tries to send mail, she gets
> > a message that she must change the address to one local to the debian
> > system (@runner) before delivery can take place.
>
> to read mail via tcp from your debian box you need a pop or a imap deamon
> running on your debian box. Normally they are triggered from inetd.

What is the name of the debian pop package? I do not see one in the list
of packages. I do not want imap.

> to send mail via your debian box you need to tell exim it's okee to relay
> mail for your local domain (in particular for your wife's machine).

What precise setting is that? I tried setting:

relay_domains = verdi

(my wife's box is named 'verdi') and that had no effect -- exim on debian
still refuses to deliver mail that is not local.

Thanks in advance,
Dwight