Hi,

I have successfully installed JDE on Win2K but am
failing on Debian linux.  I have tried two ways:

1. Via the Debian package.  I can't find any documentation
   on what to add to my .emacs,  the usual things (load
   path and require) don't seem to work.

2. "By hand", as worked with Win2K. Everything seems to
    compile OK.

But when I try to evaluate (require 'jde) in my .emacs I get
the error message

Symbol's function definition is void: c-initialize-cc-mode

in the minibuffer.  I've looked through the documentation
but am stuck.  Any help?  I can't get the w3 browser package
to work either.  However, the calc package worked fine.

Thanks,
Glenn